Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ah, bleach, I love you.


This morning my husband told me he had to go to work for the day. Which is a bit of a pain as we are counting down the weekends till the baby gets here and I'd like to spend as much time together as possible. But, bless him, he's a hard worker and he's finishing up a massive project that finishes, yep you guessed it, a week before the baby arrives. So I can understand his reasoning for going in on a beautiful day.


So this morning, I got organised. I was up with the birds at 8am. I had my fruit, milk and Elevit tablet for breakfast. I had my shower and got dressed. That pesky basket of laundry has been taunting me for weeks and today was the day it was all getting done.


I finally finished cleaning our little flat at 5pm today. Everything is just taking a bit longer than it used to. I'll feel like I am bursting for the loo and then I go, and for my efforts I receive a minimal tinkle from my flower area when in actual fact I feel like I might die if I don't get to the bathroom in a hurry. What does that mean exactly? Is the baby's head lower?


And god I scrubbed today. I attacked everything with bleach. I am obsessed with the smell of it and feel an immense amount of satisfaction when I can smell it throughout the house. I do wonder if I am reaching Obsessive Compulsive Disorder levels of cleanliness. It took all of my willpower to not attack the toilet with an old toothbrush.


I also wrote out a list of all the jobs I need to do in the next four weeks and tested out whether the pram fits in our car. It doesn't. We have a DINK 3-door car and a family about to engulf it. I am only beginning to realise that babies take up space and we need a bigger house and car. Oh well. We'll get there somehow.


If we take the two big wheels off the strider, it just fits in the boot. So when Rich got home this afternoon we did a few practice runs of getting it in and out and collapsing and opening up the pram. We just need to bear in mind when we next do that, we'll have a baby in the back seat who might not have the same patience as the two of us.


Logistics, I tell you. Its what keeps me up at night :)


2 comments:

Simone said...

lol about the pram not fitting.
ours just fits and don't even think about going to get the groceries or worse still going away for the weekend!!!

Chantelle said...

Nesting much? :P

You can always just 'pouch' it when you're out shopping. That's what I do most of the time. x