Monday, October 27, 2008

My hair

I am at a loss as to what to do with my hair before the baby is born.


Currently, it needs a good cut and needs to be re-foiled. My roots are shocking and its gotten pretty long and tatty. Hair grows fast during pregnancy!


I've always tried to have a new hairstyle every six months but it always goes back to what it is, a medium length bob tucked behind my ears.


Each morning it takes me 45 mins to do. I wash it, spray it with leave in conditioner and blow dry it straight. Then I get the straighteners out and section it. It takes forever and its not something I will have time to do when the baby is here. I'll be lucky if I have time to wash it.

This is what it currently looks like (this photo was taken last year and I was v drunk)



And I am thinking about this haircut, simply because I like the colour and it looks a lot easier to manage:


But then if I keep it long and get a good colour and trim, I can do it before I go to bed each night and tie it back in a pony tail the next morning.

Ah...decisions....

3 comments:

Chantelle said...

Ooohh decisions!

I think it is easier to throw my hair back in a pony and wouldn't be able to style it properly.

I am going to go short when I've lost some weight. It will be a treat.

Lacey loves watching me do my hair. She's so peaceful and has even fallen asleep to the sound of the hairdryer. I do mine every two days without fail.

I've heard lots of babies love the hairdryer, so you never know!

Joanna said...

Oooh that's a good idea. Our bathroom comes off our walk in wardrobe and I could put the bouncer or pram near the bathroom. I've heard they like the white noise. I think I might go shorter at some point but it might be easier to tie it back.

Chantelle said...

We put the bouncer in the bathroom. She's always loved sitting there watching me shower- and it's good if you just need some me time or just some peace.

Then when I do my hair I just move it into the doorway so any stray hairs (ergh post-pregnancy hairloss) don't fall on her.

Hopefully your little cherub is the same. x