Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My latest crush


Since I found out I was pregnant, there are days where I have found my mind wondering to my life prior to getting all grown up and responsible like.


I've reminisced about the carefree days, clubbing in Paris, travelling through the country side in Spain and giggling with my 10 million flatmates who I shared a poky house with in London. I've also been remembering long hot summers in Perth, where we would sit on the beach for hours on end and then head out to watch bands on Saturday night. Life seemed to be about fun, cute boys and hangovers back then.


I remember one particular night when the girls I lived with in Perth suggested going to a club in the city to see Boom Crash Opera. I've always loved their music. I thought they had amazing energy and a really good sound. In particular, I LOVED their lead singer Dale Ryder.


He was born in India, and had this wild look about him. The curly hair, come hither bedroom eyes and baggy 90's shirts. 'Dancing in the Storm' is one of my favourite songs of all time. Watch it here and see how CUTE Dale is:


This particular night, high on champagne and hot weather, 5 of us stormed the dancefloor at this club before BCO were due on stage. I remember laughing a lot and thinking what a great night it was going to be. My besties and the cute man on stage. Out of the corner of my eye I could see a man with curly hair smoking a cigarette in the darkness. He was sitting to the left of the stage, in front of the dancefloor. When I looked closer, I could see it was Dale Ryder, watching me and the girls carrying on like dickheads and getting too drunk!


That night, BCO were on fire. They sung all their hits and I scored a wink from Dale towards the end of the night, I thought my heart would burst out of my chest! You could see they loved their fans and really enjoyed playing for the packed house.


While sitting at work yesterday, a BCO song came on the radio. I immediately thought of that night. And when I got home last night, I decided to google Dale and the boys from BCO. Dale now heads a cover band in Melbourne called the Dale Ryder Band and the BCO boys still get together from time to time to tour.


I couldn't believe how much Dale has changed though, if you look at the piccie above. He looks a lot different now and well, middle aged! I guess it happens to the best of us.




No comments: