Saturday, November 22, 2008

A life makeover

Today I have been thinking about some of the positive life changes I would like to make after our baby is born. Richard and I have been talking a lot lately about the type of parents we would like to be. I've noticed Richard has been exercising more lately and he's committed to becoming healthier for the sake of our family. He's made some positive changes to his lifestyle in the last couple of weeks and he's inspired me.

A kinesioligist that I see on a casual basis sends me a monthly newsletter and this month she talked about 'Life Makeovers'. She suggested we ask ourselves these questions each morning, and write them in our journal/blog/kitchen whiteboard or whatever takes your fancy:

This morning I feel…
I’m always daydreaming about…
My nagging inner voice keeps telling me to…
The thoughts that roll around in my head are…
My soul longs to…
What I’m most afraid of is…
My inner critic tells me…
What I’m most grateful for is…

So, here are my answers. I'd like you to try them too:

This morning I feel…secure and loved
I’m always daydreaming about…our baby
My nagging inner voice keeps telling me to…clean our bathrooms again before the baby arrives
The thoughts that roll around in my head are…when is the baby coming? Will Richard be ok during the birth? Will giving birth hurt?
My soul longs to…hold the three of us together in my arms
What I’m most afraid of is…something bad happening in hospital
My inner critic tells me…I have no idea what is about to happen
What I’m most grateful for is…the beautiful life I have right now

No comments: