Thursday, December 11, 2008

Love sweet Love


A week has now gone by since Liam James John Spillane entered our lives.

Its been the biggest week of our lives that Richard and I have ever experienced.

I still can't believe he is here, but its like he has always been here in our hearts, and now he's here in front of us, for real.

I am tired, hormonal and easily break into tears at least twice a day. For no good reason at all, this morning I cried because my cup of tea tasted so good and I cried again this afternoon while me and Liam were having a little dance in his nursery to Marvin Gaye. I am playing the music today I put together for the birth, which is probably not helping my cause very much is it?

I can't remember ever being so happy in my life. I look at things now differently. Everything in life feels more beautiful, more infinite, it has more possibility than ever before. I watch Liam cluck at my boob while feeding and I gently comb his hair behind his ear and feel my heart explode. I watch Richard at 3am in the morning, gently singing to him and ask myself what I did right to deserve this. I thank God every day he's allowed me to have Liam safely and bring him into such a loving marriage.

So, week one has passed by very well. Its been a week of lows and highs and the real work hasn't even started yet. But I love it. I really do love it.




4 comments:

Chantelle said...

Oh Joanna I am soooo happy for you. You must be the most beautiful mother. xx

Emily said...

What a gorgeous boy, he has the most beautiful eyes and hair. It sounds as though you're bursting with love! ♥

Simone said...

Oh Liam is so lucky to have a Mumma like you. You said it all so well.

Trailing Spouse said...

Such gorgeous words. Congrats once again.xx