Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy 6 weeks Liam



Despite the Crazy Bjorn Lady yesterday, Liam and I reached a milestone - the 6 week mark.

Everyone has been saying to me for ages that when he got to 6 weeks, things would change. I am not sure how true that is. He woke up this morning exactly the same baby.

But after his 7am feed this morning as I cradled him in my arms, I got something magical. That beautiful, wonderful, eye twinkling first smile. And it was a proper one too. I got lucky - he did it three times.

So Liam, Happy 6 weeks. Look how far we have come. Here is some things that your dad and I have learnt about you since you came into our world on the 4th December.

* You love music. You love it on the tv, in your room and especially when we sing or dance with you.

* Nappy free time is your new thing. You love to kick those legs.

* You're pretty determined. You know what you want and aren't afraid to show us how.

* You hate being wrapped. You much prefer to sleep with your hands up near your head.

* Riding in the car is something you love. Once we put you into your capsule you are fast asleep and will happily make cooing noises from the back seat.

Liam, your dad and I love you so very much. Your dad told me last night that walking out the door each morning to go to work kills him because he'd much rather be at home with you, but the drive home each night is his most favourite thing because it means it won't be long till he's home.

You are the best thing we have ever done and we love you more and more each day.

To celebrate your 6 weeks, your dad bought you this very special outfit...I am sure one day you'll know what it all means...












2 comments:

Amy said...

Aww happy 6 weeks Liam and Mummy :)

hehe love the outfit!

Wonderful news about the smile - I got teary when Elka did her first.

Before you know it, you will be celebrating 6 months, the time flies!

xoxo

Chantelle said...

Happy 6 weeks Liam!

Isn't he the cutest little thing ever?!?

You just sound so blissfully happy being a Mummy. x