Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mummy friends


One of my oldest friends Kendall is a mum to three kids - Bray, Sydney and Wesley.

Kendall and I met when we were 13 in high school and 22 years later we are still the best of friends. She has always been amazing with children and being a mother is her passion in life. We've gone through our ups and downs in our friendship, both of us were pretty obnoxious shits in our early 20's and took it out on each other. I think there was a period of a year that we didn't speak and neither of us can remember why it happened.

Now that I am a mum we talk every day by email or text and the support she has given me all the way from Perth has been amazing. Its hard when you have no mummy friends in your immediate friendship group or family in Sydney and should I ever need to ask a question I know who to ask.

I can't wait to see Kendall and the kids when we head back to Perth next week. I also can't wait for our kids to grow up together.

I also want to tell you about the new purchase I made on the internet last night. I came across this site and I love it. I am not usually a necklace person, I am more an earrings and bangle kind of chick and hey, with Liam I am wondering if accessories are such a good idea with his long little fingers. But I couldn't resist this as a lovely keepsake of this time in my life:




2 comments:

Leesa said...

Ooh Jo I just love that necklace... Where did yiu get it from?

Joanna said...

Leesa its called Mummy Tags. Google them and their website comes up x