Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cocktails and Dreams


Yesterday afternoon while feeding Liam I watched that classic movie 'Swingers'. You know the movie don't you? Classic lines like 'You're so money baby' and 'let's go play with the pretty babies'. Vince Vaughan looks positively anorexic in it.

They seemed to drink a lot of the classic drinks like Martini's and Whiskey while dancing to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. I started to get a bit of a craving for a cocktail...

Martini's aren't really my thing, but Cosmopolitans are. The thing is, they are usually $16 a pop when you go out to a bar and after about three, Ive usually blown my budget, not to mention my dignity.

Our friends Willie and Jo popped over last night to see Liam and I suggested we get some takeaway and drinks in and make a night of it. I told Jo I was craving a Cosmo and she told me about this new Smirnoff invention for$27 where it is all pre-made. Well, blow me down, I was one happy lady!

We sent the boys off to Paddy Hannan's and us girls ordered pizza's. I got some lemon out and dusted off the martini glasses. Liam decided to be very good and was asleep by 7pm and we had a little bit of a grown up part-ay in our flat and watched bad 90's videos on VH1. Why go out I say. The drinks are close by, you can pick your choice of music and you don't need to queue for the loo.

I definitely recommend this stuff if you fancy something different than a bottle of wine or champagne.

After one I was completely sozzled but I'm a bit of two pot screamer anyway...

So, what are you waiting for? You know you want to do it.....


3 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a great night! Yum what a neat idea!

April said...

thanks for the tip Jo, will give it a whirl next time i feel the need ;)

Leila said...

I agree! I love this stuff, so easy and convenient!