Tuesday, March 3, 2009

............

I have three brothers and the youngest, Richard, is living in Canada at the moment.

Richard is a one off. He's quite sensitive, open and wears his heart on his sleeve. The other two are pretty tough and can pretty much handle everything. Richard is quite dramatic. In fact, me and him are pretty similar which is why we are so close.

For the past six months my brother has been in a relationship with a girl who is Canadian. They are living together, but no one in our family knows a lot about her. About four weeks ago they had a big fight and my brother moved out. The police were called. She got quite drunk and physical towards him. He called me and was so upset. I told him that these things only get worse and he did the right thing. He didn't deserve what happened, but hopefully he was able to learn from it and move on.

Fast forward to the weekend just gone. He has moved back in with her. We are all in shock. But the worst was still to come. She's pregnant. He won't talk to any of us and will only talk to my dad. The messages are mixed. Apparently she has two kids already that live with their father. Her tubes are tied. He's told us all to go to hell. None of us can work out what is going on with him and the story is all over the place.

I know how hard having a baby can be, even when you have a solid relationship to bring it into. My brother loves kids and is so good with his niece and nephews...but he is still one of those kids that hasn't quite grown up. Every time he called me from Canada he would tell me about the latest practical joke he had played on someone or how much everyone loved his accent. He talked about the easy and free life he had there as a traveller and how he wanted to be like that forever.

I have no idea what is going on and I am so worried about him. He won't return my phone calls, texts or emails. I am thinking I need to hang back a bit and let him come to me. I wish I knew what was going on exactly and how all of this is going to work out.

Because at the end of the day...problems or not, this is a new little life and shouldn't the news of a new little life be greeted with happiness?

2 comments:

Belinda said...

oh dear.
That's not good news at all.
{{hugs}} for you, I hope it all works out for him.

Ms.Angel said...

oh no, I do hope you brother can lean on you and family for support and things work it out! it might be hard, but you never know, things might be okay in the end!