Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It is written...


D. It is written

If you have seen Slumdog Millionaire, you will know how poignant this quote/answer is.

Once in a while, I find a movie that really affects me. The last two were Life is Beautiful and Love Actually.

Slumdog is now my most favourite movie of all time.

Richard and I took advantage of our resident babysitters last night and went on a date. I have been hankering him to see this for ages but thought I would need to wait until it was on dvd.

As a parent, its heartbreaking and depressing to watch, particularly in the first half of the film. I felt Richard's arm tense up a lot in the beginning of the movie. Some of it, I couldn't watch and had to bury my head into his shoulder.

If you haven't seen it, its a movie about love and survival and knowledge. But mostly about love.

We walked out of the movie feeling like we had fallen in love and more in love with our little boy. We raced home to see Liam and stood over his cot for the longest time.

Its a beautiful movie and one definitely worth seeing.


No comments: