Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dog tired

Well, we are back to a family of three again.

Yesterday we did the airport farewell. Airports are hideous places. All I seem to do at airports is cry these days.

I was expecting it to be much worse than I thought. It really did break my heart watching Richard's parents say goodbye to Liam. For all my tetchiness and moaning and bitching and generally feeling woe is me for the last 7 weeks, I'd have to be pretty heartless to not see that Liam had two grandparents who fell hook, line and sinker for him.

I hate to see Richard cry, it breaks my heart and to be honest I think I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen him cry. He was pretty upset and so were his parents.

So, life in the Spillane household this weekend has been a bit weird really. Its so quiet. I love having the flat back to ourselves and it just being the three of us again. I got up at 6am this morning to clean the flat from top to bottom and I finished at 7pm.

I am so tired. I'm going to crawl into our bed that I have missed so much (Richard and I had to camp out in Liam's room) and sleeeepppp. Hopefully Liam will let me tonight anyway.

Night night.

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

It would be a very sad time.

In a few days time you will have adjusted though, and will be pleased to have your home back.

You did so well to have them there for so long. It's so clear how much you adore Richard. Not many people could be that patient, and caring. x