Friday, April 24, 2009

Farewell..

My inlaws leave tomorrow afternoon. Their flight leaves just after 4pm so I think we are going to head to the airport around lunchtime so they can check in early, try their luck at getting an upgrade and then have lunch. I don't think its going to be pretty.

Richard took the day off work today, so we all went up to the local library for rhyme time and then had breakfast on Dank St. They are both very quiet and sombre. I am trying to keep the mood upbeat but its really hard.

Its been a long 7 weeks but life goes on. I've let them have Liam to themselves every afternoon and 7 weeks is a long time to do that.

I've found it very hard but I know Richard has enjoyed it. They have seen a lot of milestones with Liam and we'll see everyone again in September.

3 comments:

Emily said...

You're an absolute saint. I don't know how you've managed to get through this. My hat is off to you!

Amy said...

You have been an absolute trooper - Congratulations on making it through!
xoxo

Camarli said...

You have done so well ! So tolertnt ! I am sure it has been one of the most rewarding times for Richards parents !