Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tough times call for a bit of fun

One of Richard's mates Noel recently emailed him some photos of a trip he took to Italy to watch Ireland play in some football final. I tend to glaze over a bit when Richard starts talking about play offs and what division Ireland or Liverpool are in. I still can't believe that I am married to someone who could watch, talk and breathe sport 24/7. I wondered what Richard would be like when we moved to Australia.

Would he love AFL and support my beloved Fremantle Dockers? Would he like the Roosters? What about the cricket? He once told me that living in Australia is heaven for him due to the additional codes of sport. Lucky me eh?

Anyway, I am getting way off track.

I love this photo Noel sent through to him:




It seems so many people are so down about the state of the economy right now. And with good reason. So its always nice when you see people give it two fingers and just get on with enjoying themselves.

However, once Richard's parents go back home in 17 days (not that I am counting or anything), we are doing our 'winter hibernation'. This means making full use of Foxtel, the cleanskin wine section at Liquorland, buying our groceries in bulk and basically staying put at home with the munchkin, who provides us with hours of entertainment. We have some heavy duty saving to do.

Its easy to feel the effects of everything right now, but I think its fun trying to think of new ways to be frugal as well. What kind of things are you doing to save the moola?

1 comment:

Sharon said...

A woman of my own heart. Go the mighty Dockers :) and you gotta love the clean skins.