Sunday, May 17, 2009

Social life - what social life?

I was supposed to go out last night to my friend Steve's housewarming party in Waverley.

On Friday I went and picked up my layby so I would have something to wear.

Last night at 6pm I stood in front of my wardrobe and nothing looked right. What I had bought for winter looks mumsy and bogan-ish and makes me look about 40. I don't know what I was thinking when I tried them on in the change room.

Richard was staying home with Liam and sitting on the couch with him drinking strawberry champagne that I had bought for the party seemed so much more appealing. I knew everyone at the party would be looking perfectly coiffed in their latest Witchery offerings and I'd feel self conscious all night.

I don't know what's wrong with me right now. I had a chance to go let my hair down but all I could think about was if I got home at midnight I'd only get 6 hours sleep instead of 8 (that's if Liam continues his good run of sleeping) and that I'd probably be feeling seedy the following day.

So I rang my friend Steve and said I couldn't come. Liam wasn't feeling well and I couldn't tear myself away from him. He said not to worry. I'm becoming a social leper. By 9.30pm I am ready to be tucked up in bed curled up against the warm hot water bottle that is Richard.

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

I think it's pretty normal Jo.

We're the same here. We just like being home, together.

Right now it's 6:20am and I'm in bed with Lacey already.

My Mum and Sis just left and they're laughing at me, joking that I'm having a late night.

I think if it's what you want to do, then don't feel guilty about it.

Our priorities are else where at the moment. x