Monday, July 6, 2009

Freaking freezing

Jesus its cold this morning.

Liam had hands like blocks of ice this morning, despite wearing MITTENS to bed. I don't think I could have rugged him up anymore, but it looks like I am going to have to try harder tonight.

And if anyone can point an oil column heater in my direction I'd be very happy - I can't find one anywhere.

We had a nice weekend. A lovely walk around Centennial Park yesterday. It was such a beautiful day and there were kids galore.

Something is missing right now and its becoming more and more apparent each day. I am MISSING my family so much. Somedays I wonder if we will ever get to December. Me being the extremely impatient person that I am, I want it to happen now. But, mum and dad will be here soon in 22 days (not that I am counting!) and it'll be so lovely.

I remember when I was pregnant someone said to me 'you'll miss your mum so much when you have your baby'. I remember thinking I'd be fine, but I'm not. Its silly isn't it? I'm a mum now and a wife and I have my little boy and my husband and I should be standing on my own two independent adult feet, but I am still craving that reassurance and company of my mum.

Somedays I think about what it was like for my own mum not having her mum around when I was born. That must have been so tough for her.

2 comments:

Gab* said...

It was absolutely freezing here in Adelaide this morning as well, no frost though!

I don’t have kids but everyone keeps telling me how much I will appreciate having my mum nearby once we have kids. The main reason we moved from Canberra to Adelaide last year was to have my parents nearby for the kidlets, the other was to get away from Canberra’s freezing winters and crazy house prices!

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Have you tried Big W, Harvey Norman etc? I've bought oil heaters from both places :)