Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm back

Yes, I know its been quiet here.

There is a reason for it.

I've had my parents over from Perth for the last week and they went home on Wednesday.

I've also been spending a bit of time at the GP as well.

This week I was diagnosed with Post Natal Depression. To type those words is so very hard for me. I always felt that I coped well with everything that life threw at me, but I think some things have been too much this year and I needed to ask for help.

And I did, so I am proud of me.

I think the best thing to come out of this is that I will get better. There is light for me. And I remain hopeful that I'm strong enough to get excited about life again.

Its been such a confusing time, dealing with this Jeykll and Hyde personality that has invaded me over the past few months. I knew deep down something was just not right. It was so hard to put my finger on it.

Anyway. There it is now. In black and white. There is a certain amount of relief that I've asked for help. And that I am surrounded by so many beautiful people in my life that want to help.

8 comments:

Amy said...

GOod on you Jo - so proud of you for asking for help. I am very bad at doing that and I know how hard it is.

Thinking of you xoxo

Simone said...

good on you Jo. Well done. that was probably the hardest thing but that is over and done and dusted now.

Alot of people suffer from PND so don't be ashamed.

XXX

emmaonafarm said...

the first step is to ask for help it will all be upwards from here....you will conquer it.

***Amy*** said...

Well done. It must have been so hard for you to ask for help, and talk openly about your illness.

You are setting a great example for other women who are struggling, to come forward to get the help that they need.

All the very best for your journey to recovery XXX

Chelle, Nick and Raya said...

Good on you Jo I'm proud of you. Asking for help is never easy. PND is nothing to be ashamed about and extremely common.

You are that much closer to feeling better now.

xx

Kerry said...

Jo you are a tough cookie, but every once in a while we all have a bit of crumble. Asking for help is always the hardest part, and you've shown you're strong enough to beat this, just by being strong enough to ask for help. It's all upwards from here.

Miss Rosie said...

Jo I am happy that you got to see your family. I am also so proud of you for seeking help. I am glad you got an answer and hope you are soon on the road to recovery.
Hugs to you

Sarah said...

Jo - well done on asking for help. I really hope now you are on the path to recovery - its really tough being a Mummy. You are doing a brilliant job but you need to 'feel' good while you are doing it. All the very best. xx