Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Last night I was in bed reading the latest Practical Parenting magazine.

I read an article about a couple who had triplets prematurely and who lost them. Reading the story made me cry. I felt so, so sad for them. I think when you become a mother and you read something like that, you imagine how you would feel. My heart just broke for them.

Reading the story, I recognised the names of the parents and a conversation I recalled having with my had when they were over last week. The dad, Ash, was a family friend. Dad used to take us to the footy as kids and dad's mate Steve had two kids...Ashley and Steven.

Dad had told me the story of what had happened and when I got to the end of the story in the magazine I realised who I was reading about. I woke Richard up and got him to read the story.

This morning, I still can't help thinking about what this couple went through. I don't think I realise how lucky I am and how many blessings I have. What is even more inspiring is that the couple had another son and hold a half marathon each year to raise money for the Royal Womens in Randwick for the special care nursery.

I've decided today I'm going to get in touch with our family friend to donate money to the cause and enquire about the half marathon next year.

Hug your babies close today xx

2 comments:

Simone said...

i agree jo. so very sad and it makes you thankful for what you have hey?

Danielle said...

ThRae things are imcrediably sad but effect you so much more when you actually know the family, what a traffic thing to happen, I hope they will be ok xx