Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pick a suburb and explore





The thing I suspect about most big cities is that if you are a local, you tend to stick to your own suburb or area.
Richard and I realised there are some suburbs in Sydney that we don't spend enough time in. So we've introduced 'Explore Sydney Sundays'.
Each Sunday we take turns picking a suburb and we spend a Sunday in it. We might have a picnic in the park, or a beer at a kid friendly pub and check it out.
Last Sunday we went to Balmain. We love Balmain. Right next to the water, beautiful cafes and cute boutiques and gorgeous terraces. I love the Colgate & Palmolive apartment building.
Such a beautiful part of Sydney.






3 comments:

Chantelle said...

That's such a great idea. I say you explore Cremorne next.

Did the reading arrive?

Simone said...

what a good idea.

Leesa said...

What a fantastic Idea. I live in Brissy and like you guys we stick to our local area mostly. I think I might suggest this as an idea for next weekend!