Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Eyebrow threading


What is that you ask? It seems its been happening for AGES in New York and London but is still a bit unknown here. I think if DJ's or Myer had a threading bar they would make a fortune.

I was determined to get mine done in London. A beautiful Indian lady in Debenhams with henna tattoos guided me to a chair that you lay back in and started to attack my brows with a clean piece of thread. It hurt it first, but it was a good pain, like when you rip a bandaid off. It actually started to feel really nice and a bit relaxing really.

I have started to research threaders in Sydney and I have found one in Maroubra who does it for $15. The hair grows back slowly and I can tell you my brows have never looked so good. And...no redness like you normally get after a wax...


5 comments:

Louise said...

Outch! I had this done about a year ago...and my god did it kill. I went to a place in Brighton Le Sands....never again!

Teneal said...

Interesting. I had never heard of it until recently - perhaps from you Jo?

I wonder if anyone is Brisbane offers it...

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

What is it? I need to know more information! :)

Baby Andrews said...

I like it because it's hygienic and simple

Baby Andrews said...

I went to maroubra today and couldn't find their shop supposedly in Anzac Parade. Can you please give me their contact number thanks