Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Musical beds

How can Liam be so small yet take up our whole bed?

From 12am to 4am this morning we had musical beds. Prior to Parenthood Richard and I agreed that our baby would sleep in his own room, in his own cot. We did well. For the first week Liam was in his pram in our room and then Richard decided to cut the apron strings and suggest he get used to his cot. I remember I cried when I put him to bed that night, he was so small in that cot and I didn't sleep well. I just stared at the monitor all night and would run to the room if I heard anything.

Liam loves his room and cot, and for the most part, sleeps well. But for the past three weeks he'll wake and tired as we are, we drag him into bed with us. Last night I sat on the couch with him and stroked his hair until he fell asleep again for an hour and placed him gently into his cot. 5 mins later I heard the dummy being catapulted through the air and knocking over something on his bookcase and the old 'muuuuuuuuuma'.

So Richard bought him in. Liam doesn't keep still. He paws you and sticks fingers up your nose and pulls your hair. Or he stares at you in the dark. We all end up laughing and end up playing.

So, we've got ourselves into bad habits. Finally at 4am, Liam fell asleep starfish/jesus style and Richard carried him back to his cot. Richard and me finally got off the floor and back into our warm, comfy bed.

1 comment:

Helen said...

this sounds like my house!!