Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nanna behaviour

Not a lot to update this week. Its been pretty quiet.

Liam is up at all hours at the moment. I am not sure if he is still on UK time or if its teeth or what is going on, but he refuses to go to bed at 7pm. So we've been letting him stay up with us and try putting him down at 9pm which he sometimes agrees to, but the other night it was 11pm. Rich and I are old nanna's these days and like to be in bed before 9.30pm. But last Friday night Liam went to bed at 6.3opm and crashed out on the floor! So who knows. I'm just going to keep trying for 7pm for the next few weeks and see what happens.

Yesterday I bought the entire series of Cold Feet. Its set in Manchester about a group of 30 somethings. I love it and it makes me think about all the bad clothes I wore in the 90's.

This Saturday night my old flatmate from my Perth single days is in Sydney and we are hitting the town. She is here for a work conference and neither of us have been out for ages, so we have got a hotel room in the city, are getting ready and then going out for dinner/cocktails/dancing. I'm going to have a nap on Saturday to prepare myself (how sad am I?). She's one of my oldest and dear friends so its going to be fun. I have no idea where to go to, I am so out of the nightlife loop its not funny and will probably be wanting my cup of tea and biscuit at 9pm.

Did I mention I am 35 in 14 weeks and not 65?

2 comments:

Shellsibelle said...

Oh I love 'Cold Feet'! :] Enjoy!

Have fun on Saturday night as well, the daytime kip should help with staying out late :]

Miss Rosie said...

My bedtime is 8.30 Jo and even then it is a struggle. I could blame it on the baby but he has nothing to do with it. I am quite smiply a nanna