Thursday, October 29, 2009

A new look

At the beginning of the week my redundancy money came through and Richard suggested I withdraw about $400 and get myself some new clothes on the proviso I didn't spend any of it on Liam.

Liam and I went off to Eastgardens yesterday for some food shopping and I had time to spare so I had a look around the shops. Which meant Cotton On Kids, Pumpkin Patch etc. I nearly bought him $400 worth of clothes but had to stop myself short of the register. When am I going to have that money to splurge on myself again?

I went into a shop called Glassons. The assistant was lovely and got me to try on white skinny jeans.

'Um, I'm a mum. I can't do white skinny jeans'.

'Yes you can' she says.

She got me to try them on with a peach coloured top and sequined silver scarf. Oh the love. This was how I wanted to look but I don't think sequins go at playgroup. Hell, even the mums that congregate in the park across the road from our flat at 4pm each day rock up in their pyjama bottoms and uggs.

But I just loved it. I bought the top and scarf and got another top in a pale buttermilk colour. I couldn't get my head around the skinny jeans so I said I would think about it and come back. I didn't, because I saw a pair or white trousers that were looser that I could wear to the beach as well.

I bought some accessories and shoes and a maxi dress at Target. I tried on a few pairs of bathers but I think I need to go back and do that properly. Like when I've had a wax and a spray tan. I hate changing rooms.

What kind of stuff are you looking forward to wearing this summer?

1 comment:

Amy said...

ooh great purchases! Good on you spoiling yourself!

I am loving my new denim shorts at the moment. And I have a couple of short kaftan dresses that are fantastic. Also just bought some maxi dresses too ;)

Honestly I love to dress up - and I wear nice things to the park all the time. Being a mum doesn't mean you have to be a dag to fit in :)

xoxo