Monday, October 12, 2009

Slack arse

Yes, I know.

It has taken the three of us exactly a week to get over our jetlag. A week! I must be getting older. Seriously, all three of us where in bed at 5.30pm each night last week. Richard even forgot his pin number to his keycard which goes to show how sleep deprevation can kill your brain.

Anyway, we are back on form now. Its been a big week. We had a great time, and are now nearly all better. I still have blocked ears, Liam is fighting the remnants of an ear infection and Rich still has the flu. But we had a great time, the best.

I'll always love London. If I could live in Chelsea or Notting Hill I'd live there forever but that aint gonna happen. Australia is home and it always will be. Its beautiful to come home.

I was due to start work today. I ran around like a mad woman the day before we left Sydney for London securing a childcare placement in Mascot. Liam and I loved it there. I was even slightly excited about him starting because I knew he would thrive. The staff were gorgeous and all the kids looked so happy. While in London I got a call saying my position had been made redundant but as fate would have it, after all our money troubles this year I got a great payout and we are on our way to Perth in December! Thank god. We are all so happy, so I'm back at home with the little tiger until we leave, shortly after Liam's first birthday on the 4th December.

I have heaps to update you on, so I will post again tomorrow. Its great to be home.

x

5 comments:

Simone said...

OMG fantastic
I bet they were hoping you would resign so they didn't have to pay you out.

yeah ha on moving to perth.

Anonymous said...

That's great news on your job, one thing less to worry about!

Hope the jetlag was ok. Took us 3 days to get over it...ugh!

Welcome back!

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Oh my goodness! This is wonderful news. The universe works in funny ways, doesn't it.

I am so happy for you guys. xx

Amy said...

oh I love how life works things out!

Enjoy your busy time organising for the move :)

xoxo

Miss Rosie said...

Wow Jo that is great for you. How unexpected re your job I'm glad it helps you with your move