Monday, December 7, 2009

Crazy lady

We are living with our friends Willie and Jo at the moment in Kingsford. Thank god Liam and I leave on Wednesday night because the lady that lives above us is crazy with a capital C.

On Saturday night I was hanging out some washing on the back line when she approached me. I heard someone call out Jo and she must have thought I was Jo who lived there when I quickly explained we were staying for a few days. That didn't really matter to her before she had rattled off her whole life story, peppered with some very colourful and racist language. Jo had explained to me that the landlord has evicted her because she's caused so much trouble for previous tenants and she's been there for 23 years and she has 12 weeks to find a new place. I quickly excused myself and locked the back door.

This morning I had to go to the supermarket and I was pushing Liam back in his stroller when I turned into the driveway and saw her sitting there. She was waiting for a cab. I said a quiet 'good morning' and then she proceeded to call me the most disgusting names. 'Fat pig' 'Fat whore'...it went on and on. I felt myself get quite teary and asked her to stop swearing in front of my son. She could call me whatever she wanted but I would not listen to her swearing in front of Liam. She then told me I probably swore in front of him anyway and he was too young to understand English.

I quickly ran inside and slammed the door, only to hear her still yell 'F You!!!'.

She then left shortly after. I've managed to avoid her all day but I have three loads of washing to do and I don't want to be stuck inside the house all day. I know she is crazy and harmless and I have no qualms in calling the police if I get really scared.

Crazy people love me. They are drawn to me like moths to a flame.

Two more sleeps till Perth. Hurry up please....

2 comments:

Amy said...

oh you poor thing :( it's so uncomfortable isn't it

We had a crazy neighbour when we lived in the suburbs and I HATED her. Especially as she used to "put on" her craziness.

Not long now! xoxo

Jen said...

Oh, how awful. Even when you know people have mental health issues, it's still hard isn't it. But I know what you mean about attracting the attention of people with strange ways. I always seem to find myself in bizarre situations with people who clearly aren't all there. You must be a very smiley friendly looking person :)