Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lunchtime treat

Every morning while walking to work I walk past His Majesty's Theatre and then past a chemist. For weeks now I have noticed they have an in house beautician so at the start of the week I made an appointment to have an express facial and eyebrow wax/tint.

I have been so stressed lately. In my own little bubble. Trying desperately to get all my worlds aligned and balanced.

I arrived for my appointment and was greeted by Jody. We had a lovely chat about life and travel. She chatted away about her degree in nutrition while I got my monobrow attended to. 5 minutes later she turned the lights down and put the Ministry of Sound Chillout Sessions up a notch.

For the next 40 minutes I had the best facial of my life. So relaxed I was, I fell asleep and started snoring. I was in pure, relaxed heaven. I don't know what Jody had, but she had magic hands.

After she awoke me from my snoring slumber, I felt transformed. I literally floated from her studio back to my office. I felt relaxed and like a new woman.

Its a reminder to treat myself each month. To shake off the employee and mum tag, and reward myself. I can't wait to go back...

1 comment:

Chelle, Nick and Raya said...

Oooh that sounds so lovely - the only thing I spend my lunchtimes doing is playground duty at work lol