Sunday, March 21, 2010

Kill me now...

No, not literally, but kill this pain I have in my back from that god for saken epidural I had 15 months ago.

On Thursday night I went swimming with a girlfriend. Each Thursday night we go, and do 20 laps. After 6 laps, my ribcage and back seized up to such an extent, I couldn't breathe and an ambulance was called. I was dragged out of the pool and then was sick over everyone. I would much prefer to go through labour a billion times over than have this pain. This 'attack' was the scariest one so far as I kept losing consciousness and then again on Friday morning when Richard took me to the GP.

Its frustrating because no medical person will admit it has anything to do with an epidural. So why did it happen two weeks after I had Liam and has been going on for so long? It starts exactly where I had that needle. And I am angry at myself for just thinking it will go away.

Anyway, my mum is a nurse and has an appointment with a physio for me next week and I had a CT scan on Saturday so hopefully this will be it and we can find something to fix it. If its nerve damage, then there is not a lot I can do except for being aware of it and having Voltaren and Panedeine Forte on hand.

Your health is your wealth, I tell you.

Now is the time to start taking better care of myself.

4 comments:

Dialing Home. said...

Oh! I know that pain. Mine does not get quite that bad (I think given time, though, it will). My last baby required two epidurals because the first didn't work but every so often, when I do something, I can feel that "push" of pain starting at the point of the needle site and going down. EXCRUCIATING. I am starting to wonder if the numb spot that appeared on my big toe is related...? If I could do it all again, I wouldn't want the epidural...but I really had to have it in case I had to go C-section during my VBAC...so I guess I didn't have much choice...

Hugs to you and hope you get some relief soon.

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Oh boy. I had no idea it could be so bad. That's very scary.

I hope there is a way to fix it. xx

Chelle, Nick and Raya said...

I hope that the doctors have some answers for you. After all the rehab for my spinal injury I would scrap the CT and push for an MRI Jo

Simone said...

oh jesus. sounds scary but I hope you get answers soon