Friday, April 9, 2010

Sitting in the boss's chair...

What a week. I've just had a glass of wine and managed to get my head around it all.

My boss is 24 weeks pregnant and got admitted to hospital last weekend. She is the most beautiful lady and we have established a really good working relationship after our little 'blip' at the beginning of the year.

I think though, she has pushed herself too far and her body is saying slow down. I am praying every night that her and her little bubba are safe because I would be devasted if something was wrong. I rang her during my lunchbreak today and have not heard from her since Monday.

So this week I got to do her job. Oh my. Now I know why I don't want to climb the career ladder and why I am quite happy in my job with its regular hours and salary. Last night I had to put myself to bed at 7pm with a temperature of 38 degrees. I was feeling rundown and just had to sleep.

Anyway, the weekend is upon us, I am looking forward to seeing my beloved Fremantle Dockers with my husband on Sunday while mum takes care of Liam and looking at more houses. I know our house is out there :)

1 comment:

Shellsibelle said...

Oh I hope your boss and her bubba are ok! She is in the right place and is hopefully just getting some much-needed R&R.

All the best with the house-hunting, how exciting - and you're right, your house is out there, just waiting for you to find it :]