Friday, May 21, 2010

Love, Lust and Lies

Love Lust & Lies is the fifth documentary in a series Gillian Armstrong has been making about the lives, hopes and dreams of three lively, working class Adelaide girls since they were fourteen in 1976. Over more than thirty years, Kerry, Josie and Diana’s struggles have captured all our hearts. Now 47, the women’s stories explore universal truths about families, love, loss, hopes and dreams.

I was reading Who this week and the review of this movie caught my eye. I never watched it from the beginning but I'm going to take myself off to the movies next week with my lovely Auntie Pauline and we are going to see it together.

I loved what the director said in the interview in Who when asked about what she learnt from making the documentary:

'The most important gift we can give our children is self esteem. It will enable them to attract good friends and good relationships and love themselves for who they are'.

Never a truer word spoken Gillian.

1 comment:

Shellsibelle said...

Oh I remember seeing one of these on TV years ago, it is similar to the '7 Up' series. Wow, they are 47 now! I would love to see this film! I love seeing how life stories pan out :]

That is a brilliant quote as well.