Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A new me

Life has been great lately. In fact, better than great. My mind and my body feel clear and I feel healthy. I had no idea that pain can wear you down as it did to me for 16 months. It only took having an operation to give me a new lease of life.

When I was in hospital I really thought about all the food I ate and how much I have hated my body post Liam. I hardly looked in the mirror anymore to really survey myself and I shoved all matter of junk in it without a care in the world. The result was a bloated and sluggish Jo.

In hospital I was on a liquid diet and a few kilo's where lost. I was weighed at 79kgs when I went in and now I don't know how much I weigh but I plan to weigh myself tomorrow if I can find a set of scales in a pharmacy. This is something that I would never do, but I'd like to know if I have lost anymore.

I have been following a gluten free/low fat diet for the past three weeks. I've just been doing my normal exercise with Liam and swimming on Thursday nights. I've not had any sugar, caffeine or chocolate. No wine. Its killing me, but when I think about having it, my mind goes back to the conversation the doctor had with me about diet and I think don't go there.

My aim is not to not drink until Xmas and follow my diet until the end of the year and see what happens. I am really feeling fantastic and its a challenge to come up with a gluten free dinner each night. We are doing crumbed fish and chicken and we love it.

This year I am going to stick with it :)

2 comments:

Shellsibelle said...

That is brilliant, great work with the new food plan :] You definitely sound happier in your post. All the best with your new life!! :] xox

Amy said...

How exciting Jo! What an amazing positive life changing event you have made this into.

I am a big believer in that whole body/temple philosophy (although it slips more than it should as a busy mum!)

xoxo