Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Working for the man


Never in my wildest dreams did I think when I moved back to Perth I would be working for a mining company like BHP Billiton.
I am absolutely loving my job at the moment and the people I work with. I am also working on a lot of indigenous recruitment and I am especially looking forward to meeting some of my new friends tomorrow.
I've just booked a taxi for 4.45am to take me to the airport to catch my 6am flight to Port Hedland. I will be wearing safety boots, jeans and an orange work shirt. When I arrive at site I will be given a hard hat and a pair of safety goggles while I get a tour of the operations and eat lunch with the miners in their mess hall, amongst other things.
Its a bit exciting!
I'm going to miss my boys tomorrow as it'll be a long day, but I will definitely look forward to seeing their smiling faces when I get off the plane tomorrow night.


1 comment:

Shellsibelle said...

Wow that IS exciting! Certainly different to sitting in an office all day :] Enjoy!