Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sunday lunch


During the week, two of my oldest girlfriends invited me out to one of my favourite places to have lunch - The Queens. Its a bit of an institution in Perth and a beautiful old pub to while away a Sunday afternoon. I was so excited about heading out and having a glass of wine with lunch that I even started planning my outfit last Wednesday.


Richard has joined an Irish golf society and plays one Sunday a month and the girlie lunch was on the same Sunday. I didn't want to leave Liam with mum and dad because it was their wedding anniversary, so I asked the girls if they would be ok with Liam coming.


'Absolutely' they said.


I was positive Liam would be fine at lunch. He loves to flirt with the waitresses and I was positive he would revel in all female company.


Sunday morning I tried to put a plan of attack into motion. I had to drop Richard off at golf by 10am. One of his teeth fell out at 9.50am. Liam had a tantrum at 9.55am and I was still in my pyjama's and couldn't find my bra. Richard tried to patch up the tooth situation while I rang our dentist to get an emergency appointment (no luck). I decided to bail everyone into the car and do the golf run.


By the time Liam and I got home it was 11.30am and my grumpy little man needed a nap and we needed to be at lunch at 1.30pm.


I raced around the house trying to piece together the outfit I had planned in my head and pack Liam's bag for the lunch so he had a few activities to focus on while I ate.


By some extreme miracle we finally made our destination just after 1.30pm. Liam didn't want to sit in the high chair and wanted to sit on my lap for the whole entire lunch. I managed to get him into his chair to eat lunch for a grand total of about 5 seconds. He did 3 poo's in the space of 45 minutes and really enjoyed playing with a straw in my diet coke until I noticed he was flicking diet coke at the next table.


A relaxing lunch? Not really. But he did charm most of the patrons in the restaurant. He even made friends with the little girl sitting with her parents.


My girlfriends are mum's but flied solo that day, so they totally got it.


After lunch and after we said our goodbyes Liam and I walked up a pretty street back to our car. He grabbed my hand and pointed at the birds in the tree. We finally got to the car and feeling hugely exhausted I lifted him into his car seat and planted a big kiss on his juicy lips.


Sunday lunches aren't what they used to be, but I definitely wouldn't change it.


2 comments:

Simone said...

haha nothing is the same again but oh so worth it.

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/